The ETL Developer at LS Direct plays a key role in the design, development and maintenance of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes across LS client and partner provided data. The ETL Developer will be instrumental in ensuring that data inputs are made available to the LS Core Database in a timely accurate manner.
- Pull data from a variety of sources, including databases, files, APIs, and external systems. This calls for an awareness of data architecture, the use of database queries, and the use of suitable extraction techniques.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve data delivery issues
- Deploy procedures to translate data into formats and structure as defined by LS standards. This entails executing data mapping, cleansing, validation, and verification. As well as implementing business rules and assuring data consistency and integrity.
- Ensure the data has been transformed with accuracy, completeness, and reliability. This includes carrying out quality checks, fixing errors, and deploying validation processes.
- Utilize a variety of ETL tools, programming and scripting primarily including SQL and Alteryx to create, develop, and put into action ETL procedures
- Streamline ETL procedures to improve efficiency and cut down on processing time.
- Working in conjunction with other team members including Data Architects and Data Engineers to implement and follow best practice
- Work with stakeholders to understand their data requirements and record ETL procedures, data transformations, mappings for future use
- Investigate novel approaches, weigh your options, and provide suggestions for improvements
- Creating and revising documentation of processes/rules
- 1+ years of experience in utilizing SQL, Alteryx or an ETL application or framework to translate data required
- Demonstrated competency in SQL required
- Demonstrated experience with QA, data quality required
- Experience with Python or other scripting language preferred
- Experience with databases modeling, helpful
- Clear written and verbal communication required
- Ability to manage your own time and work well, both independently and as part of a team, required
- Experience with modern data platform best practices, a plus
- Experience with DBT, Spark, Airflow, a plus
- Database and/or Direct Marketing experience, a plus